To train using how.fm in your warehouse, you only need to make sure that you have a good Wi-Fi connection. If this is given, there are no more requirements from our side.
If your company has a mobile device management system and/or firewalls in place, we need to whitelist some URLs and ports to make sure how.fm can access the required services to run smoothly.
Network Access & Endpoints
To allow the team to work with how.fm, we would kindly request manual (or MDM installation, ideally automatically updating or regularly kept up to date) of our mobile app available as a free download for both iOS (App Store: www.how.fm/ios/) and Android (Google Play Store: www.how.fm/android/).
Wi-Fi, internet access, and traffic requirements
If you are preparing a few Android tablets for our pilot, the only thing these tablets would need is a more or less reliable Wi-Fi connection with internet access. Our software tries to cache media files so that traffic will be very limited, but would need at least occasional access at login and while using the app.
Endpoints and ports requirements
If that access would be more strictly managed, we very much appreciate the following endpoints to be whitelisted:
- how.fm (i.e. https://www.api.how.fm and https://www.img.how.fm)
- google.com (https://www.google.com/m/voice-search/)
- googleapis.com (https://www.googleapis.com/auth/dialogflow and https://www.dialogflow.googleapis.com/v2 as well as https://firebaselogging-pa.googleapis.com
- Google Firebase logging service we use app-measurement.com (https://www.app-measurement.com — Google Firebase tracking service we use)
- amazonaws.com (https://polly.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com)
For further system requirements, check out this FAQ here: https://www.how.fm/faq/system-requirements/